Easy peasy creamy, yet light and fluffy hummus 😋
If you aren’t familiar, hummus, commonly eaten in the Middle East, is a delicious spread or dip made from chickpeas, tahini, lemon, and spices.
Chickpeas, the main ingredient, are a sweet and nutty legume that become incredibly creamy when blended, especially once you add a few spoonfuls of sesame tahini and olive oil.
As a rich source of vitamins, minerals and fiber, chickpeas may offer a variety of health benefits. Additionally, chickpeas are high in protein and make an excellent replacement for meat in vegetarian and vegan diets.
- 200g cooked chickpeas
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt (optional)
- 1 small chilli (optional, I love mine with it 😉
- 1-2 tbsp Water
- Blend tahini with lemon juice for 1 min.
- Then add olive oil and minced garlic, blend for another 1 min.
- Add chickpeas, chili, parsley and blend well until thick and smooth. If the paste is too thick, add some water and blend again to get the right creamy texture.
- Season to taste and here you are, the super nutritious hummus is ready to serve.
This is the perfect spread or dip to make for the family to be used in wrap, sandwiches, with vegetable sticks or even in salad. What is awesome about making your own chickpea dip is that it is easy to tail-made it according to your needs. For instance, if you are following a low FODMAP diet because of digestive issues, all you need to do is to omit the garlic and then you have your own homemade, digestive friendly dip. You can refrigerate it in an airtight container for a week.
Eat Smart. Be Healthy.